The devil is in the details.

As I build this X-Wing, I’ve noticed that there’s a lot of areas that are just screaming for additional detail.

The Cockpit

Missing from the aft section of the cockpit is the canopy actuators. This was easily remedied by re-purposing the speed brake actuators from a 1/32 Hasegawa F-86 kit.

Actuators installed behind pilot seat.

Test fit of the cockpit after the actuator install.

Painting and Chipping

I started the tedious process of painting the fuselage. Humbrol Maskol is your best friend when it comes to replicating the chips paint of an X-Wing fighter.

In a bold move, I have switched to acrylic paints. Mostly due to Model Master carrying the old Floquil colors.

Here’s the nose and the canopy painted in “blue”.

Nose painted with chipped effect

Canopy trim with chipped effect.

The next steps are to get the windscreen/canopy painted the correct color. Revell really botched it when it came to the paint on this model!

Until next time, MTFBWY.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s