I’m in the process of relocating my workbench setup from the garage to inside the house where the air is conditioned and lower humidity.
I decided to pick this up and start the early steps of getting it ready for building.
I started by inserting the support tubing at the rear of the Snowspeeder. I used 5/16” evergreen styrene tubing. The support is a 1/4” brass tube with a 3/16” steel rod insert for rigidity.
I’ve also test fit the aftermarket cockpit set. I’m going to have to do some sanding to the seats in order for the pilots to sit at the proper high to ensure the canopy closes properly.
Even at this early stage, I’m really happy with the overall presentation.