The forward domes and T-bar support greeblies where printed on my EPAX X1 printer using EPAX Hard Resin. They turned out very well considering the size of the parts.
The T-Bar is Plastruct T-8, 90086. For a 1/29 scale Y-Wing, the length of the T-Bar works out to about 11 inches. A notch needs to be cut in the forward end of the T-Bar to allow it to slide under the T-Bar supports.
I started painting the pilot figure. Duplicating my effort from my Blue Leader build, I repositioned the figures arms to give it a more natural look.
The figure was primed with Tamiya White Primer. After drying for a few days, I began painting. The first color is Pure Orange thinned as to give an almost transparent orange tint to the figure. I let each layer fully dry between coats until the figure’s flight suit is a solid color. The shadows are accomplished by mixing a drop of black into the pure orange.
Once satisfied with the flight suit, I move one to the belts which are paint “gray”. I picked out some of the details with “light gray”.
The boots and gloves are flat black.
Once everything has dried, I sprayed the figure with a nice shiny layer of Glosscoat and set aside to dry. It’s important that you seal the figure. Handling the figure will rub the acrylic paint off.
I painted the visor Model Master Magnesium. It’s important to do this while the model has a gloss finish. The paint flows better.
Next up was adding some markings to the helmet. I went to the spares box and found what I felt were decals to make it look interesting.
One the decals were set and dry, I sealed everything with Dullcoat.